The Essentials of Psychoanalysis - Sigmund Freud
The Essentials of Psychoanalysis is the definitive collection of Sigmund Freud's writing.
It covers the themes that Freud explored in his work from the meaning of dreams and the concept of the unconscious, instinctual and sexual life to the structure of the personality. Beautifully written and endlessly fascinating, the pieces collected here are the perfect guide to the principle concepts of psycho-analysis.
With an introduction by Anna Freud and a chronological table of Freud's life and work.
- 'The Question of Lay Analysis'
- 'On Dreams'
- 'A Note on the Unconscious in Psychoanalysis'
- 'The Unconscious'
- 'Some Elementary Lessons in Psycho-Analysis'
- 'Instincts and their Vicissitudes'
- 'Beyond the Pleasure Principle'
- 'Three Essays on the Theory of Sexuality'
- 'On the Sexual Theories of Children'
- 'The Infantile Genital Organisation'
- 'The Dissolution of the Oedipus Complex'
- 'Some Psychical Consequences of the Anatomical Distinction between the Sexes'
- 'The Ego and the Id'
- 'The Dissection of the Psychical Personality'
- 'Formulations on the Two Principles of Mental Functioning'
- 'The Paths to the Formation of Symptoms'
- 'Neurosis and Psychosis'
- 'The Loss of Reality in Neurosis and Psychosis'