Powers of Horror: An Essay on Abjection - Julia Kristeva
Powers of Horror is an excellent introduction to an aspect of contemporary French literature which has been allowed to become somewhat neglected in the current emphasis on para-philosophical modes of discourse."
I. Approaching Abjection
2. Something to Be Scared Of
3. From Filth to Defilement
4. Semiotics of Biblical Abomination
5.... Qui Tollis Peccata Mundi
6. Céline: Neither Actor nor Martyr
7. Suffering and Horror
8. Those Females Who Can Wreck the Infinite
9. "Ours to Jew or Die"
10. In the Beginning and Without End...
11. Powers of Horror
Publisher: Columbia University Press
Published: May 1984
Dimensions: 22.73 x 14.88 x 1.55 cm